Smash Brothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» New to ssbb clans
Starcraft 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:49 pm by Andreddie

» Starcraft 2
Starcraft 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:20 pm by Zephron

» New Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS!!!!!!!
Starcraft 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:19 pm by Zephron

» Summer is here!!!
Starcraft 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:58 pm by pureownage

» HanZo's Stream
Starcraft 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 6:09 pm by HanZo

» Laser Barrage - A Falco "Combo" Video
Starcraft 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:15 am by HanZo

» Inactivity
Starcraft 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:42 am by Ender

» BrotherHood League Board
Starcraft 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:40 pm by Red

» Starcraft Hydralisk
Starcraft 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:18 pm by pureownage

» Weaknesses
Starcraft 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:34 pm by pureownage

Top posters
JoeCool
Starcraft 2 Barll10Starcraft 2 CenterbStarcraft 2 Barrr10 
Zephron
Rei
stickman
zachisasian
pureownage
Adirondack
HanZo
Red
Jay

Starcraft 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pureownage

pureownage

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:13 am

I am sure none of you have any clue of what this game is, unless you saw the commercial during the NBA finals, or have been a fan of Blizzard Entertainment games. this is a fast-action RTS (real-time strategy) game for PC and Mac. if you've ever played EA games such as Red Alert or Tiberium Wars, I think you'll know what an RTS is. Wink think of this game as a futuristic Warcraft. Not World of Warcraft, by the way.

Anyways, I have been playing the beta, and it's a great game so far. Too bad its only multiplayer. I will be breaking down each of the three races later on, so let me know if you have any questions. I might as well say the races are known as the Terran, Protoss, and Zerg.
Back to top Go down
Zephron

Zephron

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Psh, you're the noob if you think none of us have heard of this game.

I went to last year's Blizzcon, I recognized your Ghost avatar at once, and I'm apart of the Blizzard Beta on my macbook pro laptop.

I personally love Protoss the best, the Dark Templar and their system just makes sense to me.
The bad thing is that someone hacked into my battle.net account for SC1, and it wont let me log on anymore D:

Anyway, it's GREAT to see someone who loves Blizzard like me ^_^
Back to top Go down
JoeCool
Admin
JoeCool

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:56 pm

I've heard of starcraft, but have never played. I would love to understand how it works!
Back to top Go down
https://smashbrothers.darkbb.com
pureownage

pureownage

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:22 am

hell, why didn't ya tell me Zeph! have you played that Special forces custom game yet? and also, do you play Diablo 2? thats probably their best known game.
Back to top Go down
pureownage

pureownage

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:21 am

Well, I hate to double post, but it's time I got off the couch and started the race breakdown. As I said before, the three races are the Terrans, the Protoss, and the Zerg. The Terrans are actually humans, who colonized other planets when the prison ships they were in flew off course. The main factions for the Terrans are The Dominion, Raynor's Raiders, The Confederacy, and The UED (United Earth Directorate). However, I do not think The UED is involved in Starcraft 2. Main Characters for the Terran are Arcturus Mengsk, Jim Raynor, Tychus Findlay, and Matt Horner. Arcturus is the Emperor of the Dominion, Jim Raynor is the leader of Raynor's Raiders, Tychus is Raynor's right-hand man, and Matt Horner is the captain of Raynor's flagship, the Hyperion.

The Protoss are an advanced alien race, whose goal is to wipe the universe clean of the Zerg Swarm. They were created by the Xel'Naga, who were once gods, but then vanished for seemingly no reason. The Protoss were made as the beings of Form. The factions for the Protoss are the Protoss of their homeworld Aiur, and the Dark Templars of Shakuras. The Dark Templars were banished from Aiur for refusing to unite their minds with the rest of the Protoss. Unfortunately, many of the Protoss were killed when the Zerg invaded the world of Aiur. The survivors relocated to the safety of Shakuras, where their Dark Templar bretheren dwelled. Main characters are Artanis, a High Templar, and Zeratul, a Dark Templar.

The Zerg are also an alien race, but do not fight with advanced technology like the Protoss, but with body parts, such as spines and claws, and diseases, such as the Plague ablility. the Zerg stuctures are not made out of metal and wood, but organic material. A simple way to put it is that their buildings are ALIVE. They were also created by the Xel'Naga, but as the beings of essence. The Zerg swarms were originally controlled by Cerebrates, who were controlled by the Overmind. however, when Sarah Kerrigan, a former Ghost who worked for Arcturus Mengsk, was infested by the Zerg and became the Queen of Blades, she tricked the Protoss and Jim Raynor into destroying the Cerebrates and the Overmind, so she alone could control the Broods of the Swarm. The Zerg's ultimate goal was to assimilate every race into the Swarm, but they mainly wanted the Protoss, for then they would be unstoppable.The factions are all of the different Broods the Zerg are divided in to, such as the Garm Brood. Main Characters are Sarah Kerrgian A.K.A. the Queen of Blades, and possibly Samir Duran. Samir Duran was Kerrigan's assistant throughout Brood War, until the last misssion of the game, where Samir was found combining Zerg and Protoss units by Zeratul. When Zeratul asked Duran if he still served Kerrigan, Duran said he did not work for Kerrigan, but for a much more powerful force, which most likely means that Samir served the Xel'Naga.

Next post I do will most likely be on the abilities and setbacks each race has.
Back to top Go down
pureownage

pureownage

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Man, I really hate to triple post, but it's time for the next segment in Pureownage's Starcraft 2 Breakdown (I came up with that on my own. Razz). Here are how each of the races function.

The Terrans build their structures with SCV's, the miners of the Terrans. each SCV can build one structure at a time, and can move on to other tasks once the structure is completed (mining, repairing, etc.). Terran structures have special substructures, called add-ons. These add-ons are used to build certain units, and to get upgrades for units made at the facility the add-on was created at. Also, Terran buildings have the ability to lift off the ground and fly to other areas, then land again and begin normal production. Since there are only two types of add-ons in the game, Reactors and Tech Labs, buildings they were built from can lift off and be replaced by another stucture, allowing that building to now have the high tech level units (Tech Lab), or produce two units at once (Reactor). The biggest setback for the Terrans is that if a Terran building has enough damage, it will deteriorate until it is destroyed, or repaired by an SCV.

The Protoss build their structures with Probes, the miners of the Protoss. Unlike the Terrans, the Protoss don't construct their buildings, but warp them in. This way, all a Probe has to do is place the building, open the rift for the building, and can move to other tasks while the building "constructs" itself. Protoss upgrades are found at the Forge, Cybernetics Core, Twilight Council, Robotics Support Bay, Templar Archives, and Fleet Beacon. Each of these buildings give you access to other more advanced buildings and units. Also, all protoss units and buildings have shields that protect them from damage, until the shields give out. The shields usually are the same amount of a unit's hit points, so if a Zealot's hit point number is 40, then he will have 40 shield points, basically giving him 80 health (NOTE: A Zealot's health will always be 40 HP. Do not think I meant it could differ.). However, if the shield gives out, but the Zealot gets out of combat, the shield will begin to slowly recharge. Any damage taken to a Protoss unit or structure's actual life cannot be repaired, so you had better hope your shields don't break. There are three important setbacks for the Protoss. The first is the fact that they cannot be healed, except for shields. That can be bad if you've got nothing to stop your enemies OR repair your units at the same time. The second is that Protoss structures must be powered by a Pylon, or else they cannot build anything. Only the Nexus and Assimilator avoid this rule. if the enemies simply destroy the Pylon thats letting you build things, all production of those units will stop. Make sure to have several Pylons around your structures, to prevent this from happening. the last setback is that the Protoss are the most expensive race in the game. Their units cost more minerals and Vespene Gas than the Terran and Zerg units.

The Zerg build their structures with Drones, the miners of the Zerg. When the Zerg construct buildings, they must sacrifice a Drone to create the building they want. NEVER use your last remaining Drone to create a building. The Hatchery is where all the Zerg units are spawned. You must build other sturctures to advance in the tech tree, but all the units will be spawned from larva, which spawn from the Hatchery. The Hatchery must be upgraded into a Lair, and eventually a Hive as you advance up through the tech tree. The Zerg units cost the least in the game. for 50 minerals, you get TWO Zerglings for one larva. That's a good advantage if you plan on rushing. They also have the ability to burrow, and lie in wait for an ambush. all Zerg units and structures slowly regenerate health, and Queens can replenish 125 health to any Zerg structure or building (NOTE: I'm not sure if 125 health is correct. Please correct me if i'm wrong.) There are two important setbacks for the Zerg. The first is that you must sacrifice a Drone to create a building. This can be a pain early on in the game. The second setback is that all Zerg buildings must be built on creep. creep can be expanded with new Hatcheries or Creep Tumors, but creep can take forever to expand. also, if a spawner of creep gets destroyed, and creep pulls back from under a Zerg building, the Zerg building will slowly begin to die. the only Zerg buildings that are exempt from the Creep rule are Hatcheries and Extractors.

The next segment will be on the economy of Starcraft 2.
Back to top Go down
Zephron

Zephron

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Quite detailed. O.O

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
pureownage

pureownage

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:42 am

Huh, i just realized i didnt finish the last sentence on the last update XD. Sorry its taking me so long to get around to this stuff, I've been rather busy. I'll post the update tomorrow.

P.S. I got the game finally, and let me tell you, it is freakin sweet!
Back to top Go down
zachisasian

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:16 am

you starcraft fans will need this.

http://news.filefront.com/starcraft-ii-melting-pcs-fix-it-quick

starcraft has a bug which doesn't cap the frame rate.
Back to top Go down
pureownage

pureownage

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:37 am

Check dis sweet avy i found !!!

Starcraft 2 Ghost_portrait

unfortunately the data size is too big for this site DX

Well, you've probably been wondering where the hell i've been. playing starcraft, of course. anyways, ive decided to stop typing this information on the game. If you wanna know how the game works, you'll just have to get it for yourself. Trust me you won't be disappointed. Very Happy
there is one final thing i have to say tho. The Xel' Naga are not coming back. the hybrids are the work of a mysterious being known only as the Dark One. Let me tell ya, this game is better than a movie!
Back to top Go down
Zephron

Zephron

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:41 am

pureownage wrote:
Check dis sweet avy i found !!!

Starcraft 2 Ghost_portrait

unfortunately the data size is too big for this site DX

Well, you've probably been wondering where the hell i've been. playing starcraft, of course. anyways, ive decided to stop typing this information on the game. If you wanna know how the game works, you'll just have to get it for yourself. Trust me you won't be disappointed. Very Happy
there is one final thing i have to say tho. The Xel' Naga are not coming back. the hybrids are the work of a mysterious being known only as the Dark One. Let me tell ya, this game is better than a movie!
Epic Avy! I'm going to have to stick with my hand-drawn one for now though Razz

Your comments were very detailed and cool to read, though. Thanks.

Also I'm mad they never even MENTIONED Duran. He had such a big role in Starcraft: Brood War, and they completely dismissed him.

He better come back with a vengeance in the next two games.
Back to top Go down
pureownage

pureownage

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:48 pm

HUZZAH! its finally coming! you are wondering what i am speaking of, yes? Only the next expansion of Starcraft 2! most likely to be released in July, since i was too excited to look at the release date, Starcraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm will focus mainly on the Zerg and their master, Kerrigan. Razz I am SO gonna buy this son-of-a-bitch!
Back to top Go down
Zephron

Zephron

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:20 pm

By the way, anyone who wants to friend me on this game, my gamer tag is:

Zephron
Code: 184
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starcraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Starcraft 2 Empty